List the positive messages you have received about writing or about any creative undertaking.
I have never had people telling me anything about writing except one person. Other than the info provided by that one person, the rest I learned on my own using Google. I am still learning new things everyday about how writing helps you in numerous ways.
However, I have learned and still learning from many people about art, more specifically drawing and painting. I draw but I haven’t gotten into painting…yet.
Let me see if I can recall those positive messages:
- Helps us heal from any type of ailments, both physical and mental.
- Helps us connect with people.
- Brings happiness to those who make it as well as to the ones admiring it. “The essence of all art is to have pleasure in giving pleasure.” – Dale Carnegie. That is so true. You gotta feel it first! You gotta share your feelings! You gotta love giving pleasure/happiness to others. Isn’t that what all art is about? Any type of art, not only writing.
- Teaches to be patient.
- Relaxation – acts as a stress reliever.
- Acts as an incentive – helps in making good decisions.
- Inspiration and motivation.
- Doesn’t talk back – a very good listener.
- Makes us see the truth (reality).
- Improves our memory.
- Problem solver – Helps us solve problems more easily. Makes us focus on things that need our attention.
- Puts our minds at ease.
- Lets us come to an understanding with situations and life.
- We become wiser and smarter.
- A world to escape to from problems and stress.
- Helps us see where we are in life – our growth in many aspects of our lives. Not only body height!!
- Helps us achieve our goals.
- Lets us help others, reach others through our art.
- A good preserver of our memories, accomplishments, feelings, thoughts, etc. A part of us lives on even after we die. Something for the posterity!
- Brings us, our thoughts, and our lives clarity – We will be able to put our thoughts in order and sort them. Trash unnecessary and disturbing ones, keep/save the ones we want and need. Relieves pressure/stress off of mind. Less stress, more sleep, live longer.
- Gets our minds off of things that we are not supposed to be thinking of in the first place. Gets us free from any kind of addiction we might have.
- Enables us to show empathy towards others – How? Writing from many perspectives helps us with that.
- We won’t be as angry – We can write down whatever angry thoughts, then here comes the best part…no one sees them, well unless we make them see/read it. No need to lash out on others and later feeling guilty about our actions. We can write down about any feelings, not only anger.
- Gives us a feeling of purpose. Write down things that we need to do, then developments of tactics, then gain purpose. Less stress again.
- Helps us think clearly.
- Keeps us sane.
- Makes us happy and live fully.
- We will feel accomplished.